We have more than 20 pregnant moms and new moms with their babies each week at Mamasté Mommy Meetup. The number of participants will continue to grow, particularly as we add a Spanish-speaking mom group and a dad activity group in 2019. We try to provide healthy snacks for each meeting to nurture our participants.
Each new mom basket we provide to a Napa Moms member includes:
* Napa Moms Mug
* Earth Mama Peaceful Mama Tea
* Mom Bun Handmade Headband
* Strong as a Mother by Kate Rope
* Invitation to Mamasté Meetup
Whether you want to make a monetary donation using the "Donate" button on the top of this page and deduct from your taxes or choose Napa Moms on Amazon Smile Give Back Page, every dollar we receive goes to supporting moms in the Napa Valley.
Whether you birthed a baby, an angel or a dream, you are forever a part of the motherhood journey. We provide these handmade bags to Napa Moms, purchased from an organization of loss moms who support grieving parents. You may purchase a comfort bag directly through the link below, or donate to Napa Moms in an effort to keep these items stocked locally when the need arises.
More than money, we need a village to keep this thing going. Current needs include:
* Meeting hosts for Fridays (can be moms, grandmas and/or maternal mental health professionals and advocates)
* Community educators to visit our groups and introduce relevant info and services
* Activity hosts for bi-monthly dad meetups (dads who want to show new dads that they can find support in each other, give moms a break and bond with their babies while enjoying the outdoors)
* Community advocates to help spread the word about the work we are doing
In order to continue to provide support to our community and build this program, we need:
* private baby-friendly space to accommodate up to 30 moms (or dads) and their babies (we prefer the floor to furniture, and bring blankets and breastfeeding support cushions)
* small conference space either empty or furnished with table and chairs to host monthly planning meetings and trainings for up to 25 people
* event space (indoor or outdoor) to engage the community through awareness and fundraising events for larger groups
If you have office space, meeting space or special event space in Napa Valley that you would be willing to donate one time or on a regular basis, please let us know.